Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 4 Mac - Publishing/Leadership Project, Part 1 of 2. My thoughts on publishing.


Several years ago I taught in Oviedo, Florida in an awesome Seminole County Public School. They offered me my first teaching position and truly inspired me into becoming the educator that I am today; passionate. While at Tuskawilla Middle School I became heavily involved in teaching my students English Language Arts, but with loads of technology. I did several pilot programs to gain access to more tech for my classroom, but what was most beneficial and most memorable was attending FETC.

FETC (Florida Education Technology Conference) is one of the most awe inspiring conferences I have attended. This is a candy store for teachers who understand that we must meet the needs of the digital natives in our classrooms. I would love to present at this conference if given the opportunity. The conference offers several workshops and showcases many pieces of hardware and software.

My ARP is really focused on my school, but if I could share some of things we have done at my school with the conference goers, it would truly be awesome. To present at conference where many people have the same goal would be a highlight of my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment